Tuesday 3 September 2013

Baby Off Board blog and other links

After writing my last post on loss of purpose, I decided to do a little blog exploring.  I came across the best site that just brought a huge smile to my face and threw me head first into the fun of being childfree.

Aurora Bordeaux from Baby Off Board takes a really unique look at the whole childfree subject.  She is childfree by choice and had me laughing and feeling so much better about life with her fresh and funny look on life situations as a childfree woman.  There is so much to read you just need to head over there and have a look. 

The thing that struck me most though was how much she fun she has in life.  Her childfree status gives her so much freedom in life and she enjoys it.  This post here was a great read for that!  So head on over.  You won't be sorry!

All of a sudden I feel better about life than I did an hour ago.  I know that those feelings of loss of purpose will return and I will have to look at them again, but then again, maybe they won't!  You never know.  Right now I'm feeling lighter and peaceful with a spring in my step.  And right now is where it's at. Thanks Aurora!


Some other blogs I've come across recently are:
Life as Two
Serenity in Chaos
LDS Married Without Children
Baptism By Fire

Signing off with a smile
:)
xx

7 comments:

  1. I think we have a lot to learn from the childfree by choice community... they come to childfree living from a much different place than we do, but they truly do appreciate the good things about life without children (and there ARE good things).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a really good observation, Loribeth. To come to that decision without the loss of a dream must put one in a much better position to appreciate everything. I really enjoy that perspective a great deal.

      Delete
  2. Dear Annie,

    I don't leave comments often because most of my free time is spent writing Baby Off Board, but wanted to leave something on this post.

    I saw your comment on Baby Off Board today and replied before I had a chance to pop over to your own blog. Now that I've read it, I am speechless. Although the Internet is amazing in its ability to connect people, the one great downside is that all I have to give you right now are words--but all I actually want to give you is a friendly hug.

    I can only begin to imagine what you have been through in body, mind, and spirit in your journey to create new life. I'm so sorry you didn't get what you set out for, and that the road was so hard. Bless your heart, from the very bottom of mine. What I feel for you is in no way related to pity--I just hate that anyone would feel that they had missed out on something special, something they really wanted.

    However, I'm delighted that even though the type of new life you expected didn't work out, you can try to embrace the idea of a new life of your very own. That Baby Off Board made you feel even an ounce better is, quite honestly, one of the most humbling things anyone has ever said to me.

    Laughter is important. Fun is essential. Healing can be so difficult, but as you emerge and form a revised perspective on your chosen path, I wish you gobs of giddiness, rivers of hilarity, fountains of cleansing laughter, and memorably outrageous adventure. Most of all, I wish you joy.

    Love,
    Aurora Bordeaux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for coming to my blog and writing such a wonderful comment. A friendly hug would be so wonderful. A pity we can't reach out through the computer screen to the wonderful women that we meet online.

      I look forward to continuing to read Baby Off Board. Every time I visit it is uplifting. Your last paragraph here on your comment brought a big smile to my face and lightened my heart. I keep reading it for the joy it keeps delivering!!!

      Thank you
      ((((((Aurora))))))

      Delete
  3. THANKS for sharing my link here. I've visited Baby Off Board but haven't had time to read more than one blog post yet (running out of time), but I can see how fun her blog is. :-)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, Amel. I'm glad to have found your blog and you! Have you had time to visit Baby Off Board since you wrote this?? If you have, what did you like best?

      xx

      Delete
  4. A delightful reading for anyone who loves reading blogs.
    formomz.com

    ReplyDelete