Monday 2 September 2013

Post Happy Husband's Day

So, Fathers Day has passed and it was a good day.  I'm not completely sure how Dave felt about Happy Husbands Day, but I think we have our new tradition.  Thank you Jen.

Upon receiving his card, I got one of those "I'm not going to let you go" hugs.  I also think it may have upset him - brought to his attention that he's not a Dad.  But I didn't push him on the subject.  I just wanted to let it be what it was.  Me showing him how much I loved him and wanting to celebrate how much I treasure having him as my husband.  The presents were great fun though!!  I love giving him gifts!

We had a full day with gardening and a bushwalk with friends.  Then in the evening, my family all came around to celebrate with my Father.  My nieces and nephews are all older now - 16 and above,  so it doesn't pull at the heartstrings as much as it would if they were toddlers.  I can relate to them as adults and hear about what they are up to in their lives. Yet, it is hard to see the strong family unit that my brother has and not be a part of it.  To know that we won't have that in our lives.

One of my nieces wasn't able to be there.  And she is the one with a toddler herself now.  I love my great nephew to bits and have enjoyed babysitting him on a regular basis.  At the moment, though, I am finding it difficult to be near him.  I know this will pass, and I will endeavour to get there soon, because I love being with both of them.  But right now, even seeing her Facebook status updates about him distress me.

This is such a difficult phase to go through.  It is helpful reading other women's blogs who have been through this and have been able to find the light at the end of the tunnel.  Seeing their strength and their lives moving on in leaps and bounds is heartwarming.  It is not something we will ever be "healed" from, but it is good to see the joy in these womens lives.

A few new blogs that I have found are:

Altered Type
The Barreness
Childless by Marriage
The Next 15000  Days
Words Fly Up

If you haven't already done so, go and visit these amazing women!

6 comments:

  1. I think you have started an awesome tradition, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! I can thank Jen below for it!!
      :):)

      Delete
  2. Hi Annie,
    Thank you for your kind words and comments. I have just read your latest posts and truly believe this online community of like-minded people have been a great help to me, and are proving to be for you too. It's not easy, no matter how far we progress, but it becomes easier with support. And I can honestly say that some of the blogs you've highlighted (and now your own too) are going to be some of the best kind of emotional support available. I look back over my own times and always remember that a handful of people, brave enough to share their ups and downs about the biggest change in their life, is what helped me get through to a better state of mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, Jen! Thank you for encouraging the fact that we need to share our ups and downs. It's not always easy to write about but finding out that we are all going through, or have been through, the same kinds of things is so wonderfully supportive and reasurring.

      Love and Light
      xx

      Delete